How to choose a resilience training provider
7 August, 2020 | by Peta Sigley
For many, selecting a great resilience training program and provider can be a little daunting. Resilience is a skill that we can all continue to develop and share over the course of our personal and professional lives and there is lots to consider when thinking of building resilience in your workplace. To help simplify, Peta Sigley outlines 10 things to consider in your decision making.
The top 10 things to consider when choosing a program provider:
- Is their resilience training program grounded in a broad body of evidence that looks at resilience from a number of different disciplines?
- Do they conduct their own research so that their resilience training is relevant to you, particularly Australian research, and are they able to tell you how this compares to the rest of the world?
- Can they provide industry-specific data and have their own professional experience in this same industry to support your resilience target outcomes?
- Have they been approved resilience training providers for industry, government or regulatory bodies?
- Are they sort after for expert commentary on resilience in a broad number of publications and other media mediums?
- Is the approach an integrated one or does it focus on only a single or couple of elements?
- How long have they been in this space and do they have a proven track record of delivering resilience programs?
- Do they support their workshop/webinar sessions with strong tools to enable you to continue to learn at your own pace?
- Can they measure your progress and provide secure (GDPR compliant) personalised information?
- Can previous participants provide references and testimonials to their skill as a facilitator mixing great storytelling, with research and most importantly lots of practical strategies proven to work?
There is so much more to consider here than just a good storyteller or the cheapest provider if you are interested in the real development of self, team and organisation. I encourage you to consider these 10 points when choosing a resilience training provider.
At Springfox we are so very humbled by the great feedback we get from our resilience programs and I would love to hear from you to discuss this further. We get great feedback from participants and leaders and I would love to be able to support so many more people on their path to resilience, well-being and high sustainable performance.
Resilience training for remote workers
Springfox is offering the Resilience App as part of an integrated training approach to help employees stay safe, well and effective during challenging times.
This digital program is available in English, French, Dutch and German.