Internal Banking Team – Case Study
Case study on how resilience empowers professionals in an internal banking team
An internal audit team of a major bank was looking for resilience training to prepare the team for the major changes in process and internal engagement, and to improve the way the audit team serves the bank. This involved creating significant change in processes and people. This is their resilience story...
The team completed the Resilience Diagnostic and engaged in a half-day workshop to understand resilience and define the practical skills that they could use to negotiate change. Their training was high impact, engaging and evidence based and introduced personal and organisational resilience as the essential foundation for individuals and organisations to build agility to bounce forward through change and thrive in adversity. They were further supported through a wide range of materials including workbooks, email series, digital portals and commitment cards. These are designed to maintain people’s awareness, commitment and momentum as they build personal and organisational habits of sustainable high performance.
- Bounce: understanding the foundations of resilience, how it can fail and how to act decisively and skilfully to not just bounce back, but to bouce forward
- Physical Vitality: building energy, strength and flexibility to prevent drops in resilience and to understand the impact the good physical health can have on our thoughts and emotions. We introduced specific practices that extend and enhance a healthy, productive life
- Performance Mindset: emotional literacy, impulse control, and attention to one's spirit and purpose. We explored meaning, altruism and joy as a skill which leads to self-regulation or mastery of one's mind
We measured a 23% improvement in overall resilience for the team. The Resilience Ratio improved from 1.56 assets to each liability to 1.92. Specific factor change highlights:
- 40% increase in regular fitness sessions
- 33% increase in enthusiasm
- 29% increase in positivity