Written by Springfox CEO, Stuart Taylor, Assertive Humility details the lessons and reflections gathered by Stuart after being diagnosed with brain cancer. His fight for survival has provided a rich story to share with others who have been personally moved, motivated and empowered to take action. It highlights how much you can do to drive your resilience, well-being and performance when your back is against the wall and you don't think you can make it.
"I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is either struggling with challenges in life - either professional or personal - or who is simply open to a better way of living one's life." – Bob Santamaria, Chief Counsel ANZ Banking Corporation
Dr Sven Hansen is the founder of The Resilience Institute International which functions as Springfox's global research partner. His novel Inside-Out invites the reader to look deeply into who they are and how they think. It explains how the practice of resilience can empower them to become calm, energised, engaged, focused and in-flow both personally and within business teams and organisations as a whole.
"Hansen's assertions are all backed by research on the various topics covered such as sleep, nutrition, exercise, human physiology and more. It is a manual for self-care in a fast-paced, demanding world; one that does not constrain, and instead promotes active participation. Well worth the read." – Robert S Read
The Resilience Drive
Written by our partner and Europe Director, Alexia Michiels, The Resilience Drive is a valuable resource for the everyday aspects of resilience and explores how resilience can be cultivated by mobilising all our resources: body, heart, mind and spirit. It provides you with 100 practical tips to help you build your resilience skills. Taking resilience training into your own hands to use at home with the family or at work to build resilience in your teams.
"A useful and generous book inviting us to experience life with joy and awareness" – Frederic Lenoir, French sociologist and author
Some of our favourite books...
- Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement With Everyday Life
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
- In Praise of Slow: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed
- The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating.
- The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace)
- Altruism: The Power of Compassion to Change Yourself and the World
- Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World
- The New Leaders: Transforming the Art of Leadership
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
- Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being
- Emotions Revealed: Recognising Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life
- Beyond Reason: Using Emotions as You Negotiate
- Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time
- Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the Upward Spiral That Will Change Your Life
- Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength
- The Emotional Life of Your Brain: How Its Unique Patterns Affect the Way You Think, Feel, and Live–and How You Can Change Them
- Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Incerto)
- How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character