Why is resilience important in the workplace?
7 August, 2020 | by Peta Sigley
There is lots to consider when thinking of building resilience. For many, how to select a great resilience program and resilience provider is a little daunting. To help simplify, Peta Sigley outlines 10 things to consider in your decision making.
Surely we are all resilient now and is it even learnable?
The short answer is yes we all have a natural level of resilience but it is something we can continue to develop and build skill in so yes it is learnable. It is something we can continue to improve over our lifetime.
There seem to be so many people stating they can teach me and my staff resilience so how do I choose between all these programs?
Yes, there are lots of providers in this space but here is a checklist I would suggest you use:
- Is their program grounded in a broad body of evidence that looks at resilience from a number of different disciplines?
- Do they conduct their own research to be relevant to you, particularly Australian research, and are they able to tell you how this compares to the rest of the world?
- Can they provide industry-specific data and have their own professional experience in this same industry to support your target outcomes?
- Have they been approved providers for industry, government or regulatory bodies?
- Are they sort after for expert commentary in a broad number of publications and other media mediums?
- Is the approach an integrated one or does it focus on only a single or couple of elements?
- How long have they been in this space and do they have a proven track record?
- Do they support their workshop/webinar sessions with strong tools to enable you to continue to learn at your own pace?
- Can they measure your progress and provide secure (GDPR compliant) personalised information?
- Can previous participants provide references and testimonials to their skill as a facilitator mixing great storytelling, with research and most importantly lots of practical strategies proven to work?
There is so much more to consider here than just a good storyteller or the cheapest provider if you are interested in the real development of self, team and organisation.
I would love to discuss this with you should you wish to explore this further. I am so very humbled by the great feedback we get from our work. Many people contact us well after working with us say how the investment made by them in our programs has changed their lives. I would love to be able to support so many more people on their path to resilience, well-being and high sustainable performance
Resilience training for remote workers
Springfox is offering the Resilience App as part of an integrated training approach to help employees stay safe, well and effective during challenging times.
This digital program is available in English, French, Dutch and German.